Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Things that scare me!

This post is written for October's Write Away contest over at Scribbit.

Things That Scare Me

1. Walking into my daughter's room, looking in her crib and finding that she has gone #2 and taken her diaper off. Poo is everywhere!

2. Spiders . . . living, dead, fake . . .makes no difference. Spiders are good for an instant heart attack!

3. Being pregnant only 6 months after delivering my first child! You laugh, but seriously, that happened. And it sure scared the daylights out of me! Yep, being a mama to two in fifteen short months is a reality check for anyone.

4. Driving in rain. I'm absolutely terrified of driving when I know the roads are wet. I feel a little out of control and I'm always afraid the car is going to slide. Ok, little confession: that actually happened. I was sixteen, it was late, I was driving in the rain and tried to make a left hand turn and then all of the sudden, I lost control and the car went spinning. I ended up in the other lane turned completely around. It was one of the scariest nights of my life. But could you not tell my Dad, please? Let's just keep this between us, ok?

Oh yes, now back to my list . . .


5. Snakes - if the heart attack from a spider doesn't kill me, a snake will. 'Nuff said! I can't even discuss them without shivering!

6. The noise our can lights in our kitchen make after being on all day, and now it's dead of night and completely quiet and yes, I'm all alone and oh my goodness, what was that noise? Some one's breaking in! I should call the police! Where's my cell phone? (fumbling in the dark) Oh wait, no! It's those stupid lights in the kitchen cooling off! Uuuuugggggghhhh!

7. Being chased. Stop laughing! Seriously, I'm afraid of being chased. Even if it's for a game or just because, don't do it! I.HATE.IT! What starts off as a game, me laughing having a good time, running from someone, turns into panic and oh my gosh I can't stop running because this person will catch me. Oh no, I'm freaking out, stop chasing me, STOP chasing me, STOP.CHASING.ME! Seriously! Grow up already!

8. And my last and only serious "thing that scares me" is cancer. It's everywhere! And everyone has it! Well, not everyone. But I venture to say that most people have been affected by it in some way or another. Either a love one has had it or a friend of a friend . . . scary! And it just shows up. You're living life, having a good time and then all of the sudden, BAM! (Did I scare ya?) Cancer! Thank goodness my faith and trust lie reside in the Lord Jesus Christ or I'd REALLY be scared!

So, I hope that you have enjoyed my list. Thanks to Michelle over at Scribbit for hosting this piece of bloggy fun! Please feel free to leave me a comment telling me what scares you . . . or are you too scared to comment?!?

3 comments:

Megan Cobb said...

I'm sorry about your pants! That's so nice of him to help out, but what a bummer. I have several lovely Barbie sweaters resulting from my own Helpful Hubby. I am afraid of cancer and snakes, too. Every little thing that goes wrong with me I immediately rush to the conclusion that I have cancer.

Loved the pics of Papa sliding... they really told a story!

Scribbit said...

I guess driving in the snow would be comparable to the huge rains you probably get.

Thanks for entering!

KeroseneHeart said...

The funny thing is... Your lights scare me too!!
I had the same thing happen to me the other day when I turned them off while the girls were laying down!
: )