Thursday, August 30, 2007

Things I never thought I'd have to tell my 2 year old

"Maddy! Do not run over your sister with your trike!"

****************************
Maddy1: "Eyes, eyes!"

Me: "Yes, those are your sisters eyes, do not poke at them."

*****************************
Maddy1: "Hush, dacey, hush!"

Me: "Maddy, do not tell your sister to hush."

******************************

Maddy1: "No, no, dacey, no, no!"

Me: "Maddy, let Mommy handle your sister, ok?"

*******************************
"Maddy, do not put your sister's dirty diaper in your mouth!"

********************************

"Maddy, do not dig in the garbage. Garbage is a no, no. Yucky!"

********************************

"Maddy, when you have poopies, please do not stick your fingers in your diaper!"

********************************

"Maddy, don't sit on your sister, she's a baby!"

********************************

"Maddy, don't lay on your sister, she's a baby!"

********************************

"Maddy, do not throw toys at your sister . . . you'll give her an oweee."

********************************

"No that's not poopie, that's a rock."

"No that's not poopie, that's lint."

(Do you see a pattern here? Everything that is dark colored is poopie!)

*********************************

"Maddy, do not put your hands in the toilet. That's yucky!"

*********************************

"Maddy, where did you get that cookie?" (Maddy walks to the garbage can and points)
"Maddy! Do not eat stuff out of the garbage, baby! It's yucky!"

**********************************

Next day . . . Maddy walks up to me licking an empty yogurt container.

"Maddy! Didn't Mom tell you yesterday not to eat stuff out of the garbage? Now go put it back and let's wash our hands."

***********************************

"Maddy, do not drink the bath water, baby. It will give you a tummy ache."

"Seriously, stop drinking the water!"

************************************

REPEAT ALL OF THESE ABOUT A GABILLION TIMES A DAY AND THERE YOU HAVE IT . . . THAT'S WHAT I DO ALL DAY!

4 comments:

Megan Cobb said...

AMEN HALELUJAH SISTER. I'd love to tell you that it gets easier, but... it just gets more complicated. Next you'll be answering questions and explaining the great mysteries of life! Enjoy the comparative silence of the 8 month old while you can, my friend. If I had it to do over again, I'd have kept my mouth shut more and taught Bean way more signs. Sigh. ;)

Unknown said...

Blog browsing tonight and I love this...I cant wait for parenting!!!

At A Hen's Pace said...

YES....!

Sometimes I get so tired of giving the same instructions over and over, I get to the point where I open my mouth and I don't know what's going to come out!

I have been known to yell some pretty stupid things, like "Sit back down at the table and clean up your room now!" Or, "Who left this food out? Come and put it back into the dishwasher now!"

;}

Jeanne

The Drama Ditz said...

Oh, I'm not even a mother yet but, my younger siblings give me great practice with these words.

*rolls eyes*

;]