Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Sickness update

Well, we are making progress. Both girls got good check ups. Baby Lulu still has fluid in her ears but it looks like we're making progress. The doctor said we can discontinue Maddy's breathing treatments for the moment. I'll just need to monitor her breathing and do them on an as need basis. So, praise be to the Lord --- I don't think I'll have sick children on Christmas.

Me . . . well, then there's me. I had an ear ache for 2 or 3 days. When it got so bad that I couldn't sleep through the pain, I finally made myself a doctor's appointment. Well, the doctor says I've got one of the worst sinus infections that he has seen. He said that my sinuses are completely blocked. So, he handed me a bag full of pills and two prescriptions and told me that if I'm not having any movement in the congestion (meaning -- if my nose doesn't start running), then we'll have to try more drastic measures. He asked me why I let it get so bad and said that I must have been sick for quite sometime. Well, to tell the truth, I have been congested for the last month. But I really just thought it was just allergies and then stuff that "had to run its course." Besides, I had sick babies and they were my main concern. Most times it's one mom taking care of two babies while dad is out of town. And that's how all this ended up. But, praise be to the Lord again, today, my nose has began to run and all that stuff is breaking up.

So, if I can shield Hubby from all this sickness, we'll all be happy and healthy this Christmas! And hey, isn't that the most important thing!

No comments: