Tuesday, December 18, 2007

My Christmas Tour

Well, due to sick children and what have you, I missed BooMama's Christmas Tour. So, you know what? I'm having my own little open house right here, right now. So, won't you come in, it's pretty cold out there!



How do you like the wreath? I searched high and low -- you know, Target and Michaels and downright refused to pay $30 for a ready made wreath. So, I bought the stuff and for $30, I made two big, beautiful wreaths. So, now that you understand just how cheap and uncrafty I am . . . moving right along . . .



Here we have a lovely, artificial Christmas Tree. Is it leaning, you ask? Oh yes, we meant to do that! That's our signature trademark. In fact, we've done that with our tree every year since we got it (second hand from a friend of a friend's cousin's mother who was about to throw it out). Hey it works for now!




There are a few sentimental ornaments (of course they are hard to see from the picture). Every year, I buy my Hubby Hallmark's Aviation ornament. It's some sort of collector's edition and each year, there's an airplane ornament with alittle sheet of paper that details the airplane's history. It's pretty cool. Each year we get to learn about a different airplane (for those of you who don't know me that well, Hubby is a pilot -- hence the airplane ornaments).



Each year, I've bought the girl's their own ornament also. This year, Maddy really loved Mickey Mouse. So, I bought her a Mickey Mouse ornament.



And Baby Lulu, well, she's not even a year old, so she's into anything we put her infront of -- so, I chose the Charlie Brown Christmas ornament. It's really neat. It lights up and Linus recites the Christmas story.



And here's our lovely fireplace (that we've never ever used - nope not one time, because it's gas, unvented and I'm deathly afraid of carbon monoxide poisoning. But hey, that's a whole 'nother post in itself!)


Ok, one of my other neurosis . . . matching wrapping paper. I want my gifts under the tree to match. So every year, I buy three wrapping paper designs and Hubby raises his right hand and swears that he will only wrap presents in the designated wrapping papers. And only hand tied bows this year --- none of the cheesy sticker bows. Aaaacccckkk! No I.AM.NOT.HARD.TO.LIVE.WITH. THANK.YOU.VERY.MUCH!



And how about this Gingerbread House. Yes, our little play date friends helped us put this together. Let's see, Maddy (2 years old), Ellie (about to turn 3 years old) and Ensley (2.5 years old). Didn't they do a fine job? I saw this kit at Target and just had to have it!



Well, as you leave, don't forget to turn around and look at my outside decorations. I wish taken a picture at night --- but, you get the idea.

Merry Christmas and have a safe trip! See ya next time!

1 comment:

Megan Cobb said...

Purty purty purty! You did a fab job on that wreath and I am the SAME way about my wrapping paper! :) Can't have things not "go"!

M