Sunday, August 12, 2007

You are amazing God!

Hi everyone - if you're looking for "How I Met My Prince Charming Part IV", it will be posted tomorrow. I felt the need to set aside Sunday as a day for my Lord and Savior. So, please bare with me as I share what he has revealed to me.

Sitting here, staring at Baby Lulu I am in awe of God's amazing blessing he has given to me and my husband. We truly have been blessed with two beautiful, healthy, happy girls. It's funny, when we found out we were having another girl only 6 short months after giving birth to Maddy1, we naturally (as any naive parents of one child) expected Baby Lulu to be a spitting image of Maddy1. We were sure of her blonde hair, blue eyes and loud, boisterous, outgoing nature. But now, as Baby Lulu has changed from this little infant that we considered a stranger into our little girl who recognizes our faces and voices, we have realized just how unique she is from her sister.

Maddy1:
1) Blonde hair
2) Blue eyes
3) Needs tender care when waking up
4) Immediately responds to music even as an infant
5) Dances the moment she hears music
6) Lights up the room with her smile and her laugh is contagious
7) Stubborn and very head strong
8) Got her first tooth at the ripe age of 1
9) Independent, needs little holding
10) Tender heart that can be broken with words or even the tone of your voice

Baby Lulu:
1) Red hair
2) Blue eyes
3) Wakes up quiet and content
4) So quiet you barely know she's there
5) Has the cutest little dimple on her right cheek
6) Perfectly content in Mommy's arms
7) Got her first tooth at 6 months of age
8) Always has a smile but rarely chuckles
9) Has a sweet spirit and loves to cuddle
10) Submissive, will follow where she is led

And this is just the beginning of the unique characteristics that make each girl different from the other. Oh amazing God, you have mapped out every detail of each child. How awesome you are . . . each hair, each crease, every sound, you, oh Lord, created it all.

"Indescribable, uncontainable,
You placed the stars in the sky
And you know them by name,
You are amazing God!
. . .You see the depths of my heart and you love me the same . . . You are AMAZING God!"

This is so neat! Wake-up calls are a long-standing tradition of the NASA program. Each day during the mission, flight controllers in the Mission Control Center will greet the crew with an appropriate musical interlude. The wife of Astronaut Patrick Forrester sent this to him on the shuttle for his wake up call on flight day 7 of STS-117 on . After the song, you hear Houston say, "Good morning Atlantis, that song is for Pat . . ." and Patrick Forrester replies, "Good morning Shane. That song captures what I think everytime I look out the window. So thanks to my wife Diane . . ."


Thanks to Chris Tomlin for such a beautiful song! You can hear the full song here.

No comments: