Saturday, August 25, 2007

What's in a name?

When Hubby and I found out that we were having our first baby, I immediately began doing what every other woman does --- I bought every "baby name" book there is out there and the search was on -- for the cutest, most unique baby name. A name with meaning. What about a family name? A name that's not too hard to spell or pronounce. Would children find the name funny and tease our child? And Hubby's two name conditions: 1) No names on the top ten list; 2) No names more than 2 syllables. He said that the name would ultimately be shorten by those people (which is himself)who don't want to take the time to say a 3 or 4 syllable name. Well, in the end, I broke both his rules and (ssshhhhh - don't tell him I said so) he was right. Our little girl is nick named Maddy.

Speaking of names, Megan, over at Fried Okra, is having a little fun today. Here's the game:

INSTRUCTIONS:
1. You have to post these rules before you give the facts.
2. You must list one fact that is somehow relevant to your life for each letter of their middle name. If you don’t have a middle name, use the middle name you would have liked to have had.
3. When you are tagged, you need to write your own blog post containing your own middle name game facts.
4. At the end of your blog post, you need to choose one person for each letter of your middle name to tag. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

Sounds fun!

L is for Lazy: Yes people, I admit I can be. Not all of the time. I know, some of you may question me because I run around and talk like 90 miles per hour. But for instance, like now, I'm posting on my blog, while ignoring the pile of laundry that is staring at me . . . yep, lazy!

E is for Emotional: This one you'll definitely believe, right babe? I've been known to be a tinsie bit dramatic. Hey! It's a dirty job but somebody has got to do it! Although, Maddy1 seems to take the cake in that area! I just don't know where she gets it! (hehehe)

I is for Intelligent: Hey, don't laugh. You try to find a descriptive word that begins with an "I". Pretty tough, huh? That's why I'm the in*tell*i*gent* one! Not really, but I try!

G is for Grateful: And I sure am. Especially to my Hubby, who works his rear end off to ensure that I can be at home with our two precious little girls. And to my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, for loving me . . . and so much more.

H is for Hard Headed: Those of you from the south know exactly what I'm talkin about! For all you northerners, it means stubborn . . . but to the highest degree. I like things my way, no doubt about it.

So, there you have it, my middle name . . . which I am happy to share with my sis in law and my daughter.

So tag, At A Hen's Pace, you're it. And Drama Ditz, you get your turn too! I'll be looking for your responses.

1 comment:

At A Hen's Pace said...

Hey, Summer--sorry, we've both been busy starting a new year of school and blogging about the timely news of auditions tomorrow!

We haven't forgotten though...