Tuesday, July 3, 2007

It's great to be home again!


I'm home! I went to Savannah and had a wonderful time. It was quite a drive to make alone. Teena's house was so beautiful. It was so nicely decorated. We've been in our house for almost a year and still don't have everything unpacked. Our walls are still a little bare (in my opinion). But not Teena's house! The place was like a showcase. I'll post some pictures of the two of us so that you can put a face with the name. We had a weekend of power shopping - it was literally "shop til we dropped!" I have not shopped like that since before having the 2 girls - so I'd forgotten to wear comfortable shoes. Shopping marathons have no place for cute strappies. We didn't really buy that much -- but we had a great time looking! And moms, you'll relate to this . . . I was actually able to eat a hot meal! It was WONDERFUL. Teena chauffeured me around --- we ate, we shopped, we got pedicures, we did our own facials --- the best time I've had in a long time. Total girl time!!! So, Teena, if you're reading this -- THANK YOU! And next, the party is at my place :-)

Oh - and I bet you're wondering about the girls. Well, I arrived to find the girls, well fed, rested and perfectly fine. Actually, they seemed quite content with Daddy. But wait - there's more! The house was spotless -- really! And the pile of laundry --- completely done and put away. My husband was supermom for the weekend.

Yes, I do realize just how blessed I am --- a wonderful husband and a wonderful friend. God is so good!

Update . . . here are the pics I promised!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We seriously need to update that picture when I am there next week. I hate that photo! Love you see you Thursday!