Friday, July 27, 2007

Highschool Meme Time

Ok, I was wandering in bloggity ville and ran across this meme. I thought it might bring back some good memories, so just humor me on this one, please.

1. Who was your best friend?

Well, actually, I had two, Andrea & Amy. The three of us tried to pick the same electives and classes so we could be togther. We still keep up with each other and get together from time to time. I still consider them both close friends of mine. (Note to self * schedule a get together with Amy & Andrea!)

2. Did you play any sports?

Not during highschool. In middle school, I played softball and loved it! I sang in chorus and dinner theater in highschool.

3. What kind of car did you drive?

Oh . . . my heart flutters. I loved that car! It was a 19 something, champagne Camero. I lusted after that car for years. My Dad's sister owned it for a couple of years and I remember telling my Dad that when I turned 16, I NEEDED that car! I turned 16 and did not get a car immediately. In fact, my brother is 15 months older than me and he had his driver's license - so I went everywhere with him. I turned 16 and had no interest in getting my license. I remember that my Dad kept asking me when I was going to study to get my license. Little did I know . . . he had that Camero in storage waiting for me. Seven months later, I finally got my license and he surprised me with the car. I LOVED THAT CAR!!!

4. It's Friday night, where were you?

Probably at a Panther football game. We had our own little cheer section -- "the doghouse!" Man that was fun! Sweating . . . makeup running down your face ('cause you know you weren't going out in public without it), hair drooping from the weight of the hairspray and Florida humidity. Good times!

5. Were you a party animal?

Not in the least! My parents kept me on a pretty tight leash. I was in church everytime the doors were open. And our youth group had get togethers all of the time --- I preferred being there!

6. Were you considered a flirt?

Ok, if were being honest - yes. I was quite flirty. In fact, I remembered I was "goin out with" two guys at the same time during my senior year. I used to eat lunch with one of them in the cafeteria and the other guy sat outside with his friends. Well, one day, the outside guy, decided to come inside. As he sat down at our table, it was obvious to everyone (except the two guys) that I had been busted. So, I did what any lady would do . . . I got the heck out of there! No kidding. Just excused myself as if everything were normal, stood up with my girl friend Crystal and walked away.

7. Were you in the band, orchestra or choir?

Sang in Music Makers and dinner theater at school. Sang in the choir at church. Played the violin for eight years (started playing in the 4th grade)-- betcha' didn't know that!

8. Were you a nerd?

I don't think so. Not unless people were saying that behind my back and I just didn't know it. I made very good grades . . . but was too blonde and well . . . flighty to be a nerd.

9. Were you ever suspended or expelled?

Nope . . . but me and my posse decided that we were going to toilet paper our rival school the night before the big game. We got busted by the cops! We didn't get in any trouble. In fact, I've got a picture of all of us posing in front of the police car. He even turned the siren and lights on for us.

10. Can you sing the fight song?

Um . . . (clearing my throat) . . .

Cheer, cheer for old Milton High, raising our banner high in the sky,
We will win this game tonight, while our Panthers, fight, fight, fight!
Whether the odds be great or be small, old Milton High will win overall,
While our loyal boys go marching onward to victory, rah! rah!

**I knew I still had it in me!

11. Who was your favorite teacher?

I had so many great teachers.

Love you Mr. Barnes -- he was the coolest! He'd bring his guitar in and sing sometimes.

Mrs. Wilson (who just happens to be Andrea's mom-in-law now) made chemistry fun. We learned a simple way to polish silver. Funny the things you remember!

Coach Peacher -- he was just an all around fun guy! We played cards in his class when we finished our Algebra problems.

12. What was your school's mascot?

The mighty Panther!

13. Did you go to Prom?

Absolutely! Although, a bit controversial, because I grew up in the Southern Baptist faith and my parents believed that girls my age should not dance -- it leads to other things. Well . . . they were wrong . . . didn't lead to anything -- not even a kiss :-)

14. If you could go back, would you?

Nope . . . I like it just fine where I am!

15. What do you remember most about graduation?

My friends and I sang "I'll be your candle on the water" (from Pete's Dragon) at commencement. Seriously, we did! Why in the world we chose that song . . . I'm not sure!

16. Did you have a job your senior year?

Promise not to laugh? I worked at the local Piggly Wiggly. Hey, you said you wouldn't laugh!

17. Where did you go most often for lunch?

Duh . . . the cafeteria - where else. Let me clarify, though. I would have never been caught dead eating their food . . . I always carried my lunch to school.

18. Where were you on Senior Skip Day?

At the beach . . . shah! I do live in Florida!!! Every knew would have skipped because the next day, we were all sun burnt to a crisp!

19. Have you gained weight since then?

Yes . . . I was 98lbs in highschool.

20. What year did you graduate?

1995

21. Who was your senior prom date?

Jonathon. He was so cute and nice. I think I may have been a little mean to him. Jonathon, if you're reading this (I think not), I'm sorry for being such a brat! We did have a good time, though!

22. Who will repost this after you?

I have no idea. The chain probably stops here since I'm new to this blogging thing!

1 comment:

Megan Cobb said...

Thanks for stopping by... your picture is So pretty, and your girls are picture perfect. I loved your answers to this meme, especially the part about the makeup and hairspray. I can almost smell the White Rain now! Come back any time. I have a writing carnival going on right now and would love to have your join us. Hugs - Megan