Saturday, March 22, 2008

Striving for some sanity!

Can I just say, there a three things that a Florida girl never wants to be without:

1) Air Conditioning
2) Water
3) A Refrigerator -- Uggh!

I love my Kenmore stainless steel refrigerator. It's so sleek & stylish. However, I'd love it more, if I didn't keep having to replace the compressor relay! Last August, I learned a hard lesson. After noticing that everything in my freezer was melting, I attempted to self diagnose fridge. I took everything out -- did the hairdryer thing. You know? Trying to defrost it!?! Why? I'm not sure. There was no ice built up or anything like that. I just remember seeing my parents do something to that effect when I was younger. Well, after I had wasted the day trying everything I could think of, it was far too late to call a repairman. Hubby was out of town and my food was spoiling each minute, as I struggled to call friends and family and ask to borrow coolers to put the food in. Needless to say, the repairman came out the next morning and fixed the problem. But the food? Nope, the food didn't make it. So, not only was I left with a $140 refrigerator repair bill, but a big 'ole grocery bill to boot!

So, last night when I noticed Maddy's milk didn't seem as cold as it should be, I alerted hubby, who quickly went into "refrigerator repairman" mode and grabbed his tool box. He unscrewed, yanked, wiggled, unplugged, reset and voila . . . nope, didn't work! I'm almost positive it is the same deal as last time. Only this time, I think we're going to be able to save the food IF the repairman would GET.HERE.ALREADY! He's 15 minutes late!

I'll let you know how it turns out . . . just thought you might want to know what's going on in our household today . . .

Well, that's not the only thing! We WILL be dying Easter eggs tonight! And I'll have to tell you about our Easter Party we attended yesterday!

What's that? A knock at my door? Aarrggghhh! Just a Baby Lulu! Mr. Refrigerator Repairman . . . WHERE ARE YOU?

No comments: